Well, it makes me look twice at least, whenever I see "Evita" written somewhere around the city.
In 1948, the building which now houses Museo Evita, was purchased by la Fundación de Ayuda Social María Eva Duarte de Perón to be the second Hogar de Tránsito - Temporary Home. These were created to temporarily house mothers and their children who were without work and a place to live. And in 1999, the building was given to the Instituto de Investigaciones Históricas Eva Perón and was restored to then become Museo Evita.
This past Friday afternoon, I went with a group of students from ISA for a guided tour of Museo Evita. It was great! It was interesting to hear more about Evita's life and about what she did to help the public. I knew an embarrassingly small amount of information about her, especially for living in Argentina, so it was great to learn. For a short biography, you can read on the website for Museo Evita.
This past Friday afternoon, I went with a group of students from ISA for a guided tour of Museo Evita. It was great! It was interesting to hear more about Evita's life and about what she did to help the public. I knew an embarrassingly small amount of information about her, especially for living in Argentina, so it was great to learn. For a short biography, you can read on the website for Museo Evita.
A cast taken of Evita's face after she died at age 33 from uterine cancer.
Portrait of Evita at a gala in Teatro Colón.
One of Evita's many beautiful gowns.
HATS!
I think I need to start wearing hats like this to my classes.
I think I need to start wearing hats like this to my classes.
The official portrait of Juan Domingo Perón and María Eva Duarte de Perón.
Normally the president's wife was not included in the official portrait, and it is also uncommon that the woman is seated and the man is standing.
B-e-a-utiful dresses! So elegant.
Courtyard area of the museum where children used to play when it was a temporary home.
Juan Domingo Perón and María Eva Duarte de Perón
You gave me my history lesson for the day, Jevita, as I just looked up info on Eva Peron. Very interesting! Jenelle is all moved in and she, Grandma, and your mom are out at Walmart getting school supplies. We miss you, but love hearing about what you're doing. Love, Erin
ReplyDelete